Do You Need a Car for College?
Do you need a car for college to get by? Can you even bring your car to college in the first place? There’s a lot to consider before driving down to campus for the first time, but Victory Nissan of Dickson is here to help you get oriented before the big day. Let’s take a look at what you need to know about bringing a car to college.
Can You Bring Your Car to College?
Can you bring your car to college at all? That depends on your particular school. Every university has its own rules and restrictions about driving on campus. Some colleges only allow sophomores and above to take a vehicle, while others don’t have any restrictions. If you find that you’re free to drive up from Nashville, here are some things to consider:
- Parking: How limited is parking on campus? Finding easily accessible parking can be difficult on bigger campuses, and you might find that parking fees cut into your budget for the semester.
- Costs: How much will it cost to maintain your car? Insurance, maintenance, and gas can really add up. However, it may be more convenient than the costs and scheduling of public transportation.
- Theft: Is theft a big problem on campus? Stay safe by locking your car and keeping valuables out of the cabin. You can also consider a steering wheel lock for extra security.
Best Used Car for a College Student
What’s the best used car for a college student? Most students are looking for models that are versatile, reliable, and fuel-efficient – and Nissan has plenty of options. Here are just a few that Franklin students love.
- Nissan Versa: The Nissan Versa is a subcompact car with a big personality. This car is surprisingly spacious with great handling and a budget-friendly price point for frugal Clarksville shoppers.
- Nissan Sentra: Practical yet sporty, the Nissan Sentra is a fresh spin on the compact sedan. It’s packed with technology and safety features, so it’s a great choice.
- Nissan Kicks: The Nissan Kicks is a compact crossover with more space than a sedan, but without the bulky footprint of a traditional SUV. Fuel-efficient and adventure-ready, this model is great for weekend trips.
Find Out More with Victory Nissan of Dickson
Want to find the perfect car to start your semester off right? Visit Victory Nissan of Dickson in Dickson to take a test drive today! Contact us with any questions, and we’d be happy to help.
More from Victory Nissan of Dickson
The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that has been on the market since 2007. It has consistently been one of Nissan’s best-selling vehicles, and for good reason. The Rogue offers a comfortable and spacious interior, a smooth and efficient drivetrain, and a host of advanced safety features. Nissan Rogue Features Make It Great One…
When is the best time to buy a car? Purchasing a car at the end of the year can be a smart decision for several reasons. One reason is that car dealerships often have end-of-year sales in order to clear out their inventory to make room for new models. This means that you may be…
It is no secret that today’s new vehicle market is difficult. Manufacturers have been working to overcome chip shortages and supply chain issues since COVID. But, we are starting to see things move in the right direction! We have more new Nissan models in stock and ready for immediate delivery than ever in the past…