How Does Selling My Car to a Dealership Work?
Have you been trying to sell your used car by posting it online? It can be a hassle to set up appointments with people who never show up or take up a lot of your time test driving your vehicle just to decide they’re not interested. If you’re tired of dealing with tire kickers, you may be wondering, “How do I go about selling my car to a dealership?”
Many Dickson customers have sold their cars to us and walked away happy after getting a fair price. We make the whole process simple. We recommend following the steps below for the best results.
What Should I Do Before Selling My Car to a Dealership?
You want your car to make the best impression possible so you can get the best possible price. Follow these steps to make sure your car is ready to be sold and that you’re prepared to negotiate:
- Clean your car thoroughly, inside and out. The cleaner your car, the more attractive it is to a prospective buyer. It’s no different when you’re selling to a dealership.
- Make what repairs you can afford. Any Nashville dealership will inspect your car before making an offer. So, fix any issues with your vehicle before attempting to sell it, as long as it makes financial sense.
- Find your maintenance record and bring it to the dealership. This is not strictly necessary, but a maintenance record will go a long way when reselling your car.
- Bring your title. A dealership will want to know whether you have a clean title to your car.
- Do some research so you know the value of your car. You can appraise the value of your car with our online tool.
- Bring your car to the dealership. Victory Nissan of Dickson makes it easy for you to sell your vehicle or trade it in. We pride ourselves on giving you a fair price.
How Do I Go About Selling My Car to a Dealership?
It’s not hard to sell your car to a dealership. Just follow the steps below:
- Make an appointment.
- Talk to a used car manager.
- Submit your car for inspection.
- Decide whether to accept or reject the offer. You can negotiate if you feel we missed something.
Let Victory Nissan of Dickson Buy Your Car
Come find out why folks come from Clarksville, Franklin, and beyond bring their cars to us when they’re ready to sell. We make it easy to sell your car and pride ourselves in giving our customers the fairest price possible. We also have some great new vehicle specials when you’re ready to move on to your next car. So, drop by or contact us today!
More from Victory Nissan of Dickson
It is no secret that today’s new vehicle market is difficult. Manufacturers have been working to overcome chip shortages and supply chain issues since COVID. But, we are starting to see things move in the right direction! We have more new Nissan models in stock and ready for immediate delivery than ever in the past…
The combination of food, fun, and friends in a stadium parking lot before football games big or small is only made better by including the right pickup truck or SUV perfect for the party. They say everyone loves a parade, and maybe that is true. But who doesn’t love a tailgate? As classic fall…
Let’s explore the total cost of ownership of a vehicle. Understanding the expense of buying a car can be a freeing feeling. It gives you confidence in your decisions. There are many ways to calculate your total cost of ownership, and there is not a one size fits all calculation. You must tailor it to…